Thursday, September 23, 2010

An Experiment into Art Nude and Draped Fabrics


Draped Fabrics_0007, originally uploaded by Jon W. Howson.

Information:
Photographer: JonWHowson (Model Mayhem #725023/Purestorm)
Model: Amie Grace (Model Mayhem #1730904)
Location: Home studio, Sheffield
Stylist: Amie Grace

First things first, a big thank to Amie in accepting to work with me on this project. I can only imagine what it is like to be on the other side of the camera, but was glad of Amie's experience of both sides of the camera.

This is my first venture into the realms of Fine Art work, and was a learning experience for myself in how to work with a model in this environment. The route I decided to go down was to try and involved Amie in as much as the process as possible, through ways of dressing her with the fabric to giving regular feedback via reviewing the images on the back of the camera.

Keeping it to the level of Implied nudes I feel helped with the comfort levels of the model. If you browse through the implied nude photographs of Amie, you can see that we started out with Amie wearing a white tube dress before moving on to using the fabric to cover her modesty.

The lighting for these images was kept simple with a soft box 45 degrees to the right of the camera, and at times, two lights to give a white background.

This is definitely a project I would like to pursue with other willing models. If you, or you know someone that might be interested in posing, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Clicking on the image at the top will take you to the series of images shot with Amie.

N.B. If you have the stomach for it, should I try this on the other side of the camera?

No comments:

Post a Comment